Wednesday, 4 January 2012

RECOMMENDED: JUDIE TZUKE: LIVE 2012


Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! People that know me also know [apart from my [obvious] love of all things ELO] that I'm also a huge fan also of that marvellous songstress and musician: JUDIE TZUKE. Earlier today; I touched base with Judie regarding her upcoming Spring 2012 UK Tour and [inevitably!] the subject of our discourse came around to ELO and by extension: 'The Beatles'. I asked Judie one or two questions and she was gracious to respond thus:

KJS: "What would be your favourite 'Beatles' track and why?
Judie: "Of course ... "Hey Jude" because it's my name and I loved it and 'The Beatles' ... I always felt it was written for me as a child but obviously I know now it wasn't ... But I sang it anyway!"

KJS: "Do you also have a fave ELO track? ... and maybe a reason for that too?"
Judie: "Well! I do remember buying: "Evil Woman" and playing it over and over. Probably a bit of hairbrush miming and dancing on the bed went on too at that time! No particular reason but that it was a memorable time in my life ... but I didn't think that this song was written for me!"

Judie is touring the UK between Friday 9th March and Monday 2nd April 2012 to promote her latest [excellent!] album: "One Tree Less". I shall be at the final gig of the tour at Worcester in early April so here are all the tour venues. Full ticket information can be found on Judie's web site at:  http://www.tzuke.com/:

Friday 9th March: Farncombe - St. John's Church
Sunday 11th March: Sheffield - Memorial Hall
Monday 12th March: Edinburgh - The Queens Hall
Tuesday 13th March: Gateshead - The Sage
Friday 16th March: Wimborne - Tivoli Theatre
Saturday 17th March: Burgess Hill - Martlets Hall
Monday 19th March: Bristol - St. George's
Tuesday 20th March: Maidstone -­ Hazlitt Theatre
Wednesday 21st March: Leeds - City Varieties
Friday 23rd March: London - Union Chapel
Friday 30th March: Milton Keynes - Stables
Sunday 1st April: Salford - Lowry
Monday 2nd April: Worcester - Huntingdon Hall

ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] recommends and endorses: Judie Tzuke to all music fans who enjoy the music of: ELO and related artistes out there in the ELOBF universe!

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] universe ... KJS ... 04-Jan-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment