Thursday, 16 February 2012

REVIEW: ONE TREE LESS [Judie Tzuke]

 Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again!  Folks who know me also know [apart from my obvious love of all things ELO et al!] that I'm also a huge fan also of that marvellous songstress and musician: JUDIE TZUKE. And not so long ago; I posted an article here on ELOBF regarding the upcoming March/April 2012 "One Tree Less" tour by JUDIE TZUKE:


Whilst I hope to catch Judie at her Worcester gig in early April for a few words; I did manage a mini-interview pertaining to her ELO and 'Beatles' favourite tracks in the above blog. One thing I did want to do in addition to that was to review her latest album, the ten [10] tracked "One Tree Less".

Tracks: [1] "One Tree Less"; [2] "Just You And I"; [3] "Joy"; [4] "Humankind"; [5] "The Other Side"; [6] "I Can Wait"; [7] "A Moving Target"; [8] "The Truth"; [9] "Save Myself"; [10] "'Till It's Over"

There are a few things that strike me about this album. If you listen to it a couple of times; you are not only appreciative of the maturity of Judie's legendary voice; you discover that this collection of songs is a bearing of angst; testimony and of the personal machinations of Judie's very own soul. The desperate; soul-searching regret of "Joy"; the frailty and confession of "Humankind" and the vulnerability of "Moving Target" speak volumes for an album born of the experiences of the valleys and mountainsides of life. Couple this with a set of musicians who convey the ten songs [all co-written by Judie] with the surest of cohesion; particularly the percussion of Matthew Racher and backing vocals of Judie's daughters Bailey and Tallula, where employed, and you have a truly class recording to treasure.

"One Tree Less" is available either directly now from the JUDIE TZUKE web site and from  amazon.co.uk [from Monday 5th March 2012] thus:


ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] recommends and endorses: "One Tree Less" by JUDIE TZUKE to all music fans who enjoy the music of: ELO and related artistes out there in the ELOBF universe!

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] universe ... KJS ... 16-Feb-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment